About Me, Aileen
(My name is pronounced "I Lean.")
Food for thought:
"I attended my husband's parent's wedding before he was born."
Hi! I'm Aileen! I'm one half of the husband/wife team that makes us, Images by Aileen. I was born and raised in Southern Connecticut and have been married to my husband, David for 29 years! Yup...and I'm still not tired of marriage, and love my hubby more each day. We have two wonderful and handsome young men, whom we are so proud of. We look at them and know we did something right! :D
I won't bore you with a long, detailed "about us." Here are a few personal and business facts:
1. I hate cooking and baking. Basically, anything that has to do with the kitchen...blah!!! So my husband does all the cooking. Yup...he's a keeper.
2. I love to sleep and need at least 8-9 hours of sleep to function.
4. I have owned a camera since I was 17 years old.
5. I take my camera everywhere I go to the point where my two sons say it's their "little sister."
6. I love teenagers and was a youth pastor along with my husband for 12 years.
7. I have an obsession with ICE CREAM, CHOCOLATE AND CUPCAKES! Ugh! Not good.
7. Our home is founded on our belief that Jesus is our creator, savior and provider. We are not "Jesus Freaks." We don't go around picking and choosing who to point fingers at and judge what other people believe. We love and care for every human being on this earth. We are very personable and get along with everybody from every race and beliefs.
1. I'm a member of the Connecticut Professional Photographer Association
2. I have never won a photography award. Why am I telling you this? Because wedding sites like The Knot, Brides.com, Two Bright Lights, etc charge for you to advertise for photographers services. If you want to be on the top ten list, the money you pay is outrageous. I rather spend my money in equipment and education to better serve my clients. I'm not looking for accolades, and awards to put on my page.... I just want to be the right photographer for you, and want my clients to be happy with my services.
3. I spend hours upon hours on my computer learning everything I can about photography and spend lots of those hours working on my client's photos.
4. My favorite venue to photograph is weddings, because I'm a hopeless romantic and am completely in love with LOVE!
5. I love meeting people and photography is the best business to be in. I have met the most wonderful people in this business.
6. I'm the main photographer and my husband, David, either second shoots for me or helps me with all behind scene set ups.
7. I love to build relationships with my clients. They become my friends, and I treat them as if I have known them my whole life. I will make your wedding/session a very pleasant experience. We make sure you are comfortable, your bridal party is comfortable and all guests feel welcome and cared for. We will do anything we can possibly do to document your special day, so you can look back 20 years later and relive the day as if it was just a year ago. That's our goal! Timeless, Playful and Romantic.
8. We pride ourselves on how we work as a team. We've had so many people approach us and say, they have never seen a husband/wife team work so effortless and as "ONE" at our events.
If you read all of this....than I'm hoping you are really interested in our photographic services for your event!
Aileen and David
PS. Since you read our whole bio, I will tell you I was 2 years old when I attended, (with my parents), my in law's wedding. Little did I know that I would end up marrying their son, who was born 9 months exactly after the wedding. Hahahahaaa.....he is 3 1/2 years younger than me. You never know........LOL! God is good!